Tuesday 6 March 2012

Chang Mai-Thailand!

Train from Ayutthaya took 16 hours (overnight)! At first i wasn't too impressed with my overnight transport/accommodation as it looked like another cockroach mobile! However it turned out to be surprisingly comfortable and i slept like a baby for roughly 10 hours lol...oops!

When we arrived at our hotel....B.M.P (no funny comments please!lol) and id sorted out my hair(see below the effects of humitidy on my locks!)we went for a walk to book the tours we wanted to do. I chose Fishing and Charlie chose Mai Thai boxing!

 Chang Mai is a tourist paradise...especially ones who like outdoor activities! You can literally do anything! And if you don't then there are massage courses...cooking courses....tattoo courses everything!It's very laid back and you don't get hassled to buys things or hassled for a tuk tuk! The weather is a lot warmer than we were anticipating in the north of Thailand (37 degrees). So i booked my fishing trip (Thanks mum and dad your money paid for that!) and Charlie sorted his Mai Thai out and we were good to go!

I was picked up at seven thirty and driven to the lake where i was met by Mr Chang my Thai fishing guide. He was really cool and explained everything to me...like casting and how to apply the brakes on the lead when you catch something!His special bate worked a treat (banana and bread...mixed with some smaller mushed up fish!) My line hadnt even been out 5 mins before it caught something. It took me 20 mins to get the first monster in...30kg and he was making my line bend in two lol! Great fun!

 I was a big fan of holding the fish but I really wanted to get a picture for my Nan as she used to go fishing with my Grandad and doesn't get the chance now.Nan I'm gonna take you fishing when I get back!
 The other 11 fish I caught were Giant Mekong Catfish...all of various sizes...thank god coz i dont think i could have lasted five hours if i had to pull more monsters out lol! Catfish are even more disgusting to hold and they make farting noises when you hold them....gross lol!
The fishing trip was so awesome....it so exciting when you realise you've got something on the other end of your line and apparently I was his first solo female customer which is kinda cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment