Tuesday 20 December 2011

DanDong and The Great Wall of China


Charlie meets a Chinese guy on the train called Yo who is adament he will show us where our hotel is. Not only does he do that but he drags his son out to arrange our reservation for us as he speaks english...very nice man who wanted nothing for his time. The hotel is very nice..feels like we are living the life of luxury in DanDong hehe. I have a shower and the hit the hay as im still feeling a little under the weather. Charlie heads of to see the North Korean border...obsessed!When he gets back we head downstairs to the hotel restaurant for something to eat. I choose a plate of sweet and sour beef fat....mmm mmm GROSS and it really looked like pork in the picture menu,my eyes deceive me!Up Early the next morning to eat breakfast and jump on the bus to the wall. Charlie takes me to see the North Korean border....see obsessed then we head up a stupid route to the highest bit of the wall. It looked like one million dodgy stairs and my chest still hasnt recovered so i have a little strop....iv come to China and i cant even walk on the wall coz of this stupid cold blah blah. 

So after a little hissy fit i retrace our steps and decide to start from the actual beginning on my own while Moonface does the stupid route. It was still hard work with this chest infection and i used my inhaler A LOT but i did it!!!!Before i know it i hear Charlie call my name and id reached the 3/4. I was wise enough to realise that my chest wouldnt be able to get me right up to the top at this point in time but i was pleased with myself for persisting when it felt like crap trying to breathe lol. I did however earn the nickname Karl Pilkington from Charlie a bit unfairly i might add as i found the Wall amazing all i happened to mention is that how can it 1) be a wonder of the world and 2)be the Great Wall if its been rebuilt....the pyramids havnt been rebuilt and they had to fight for their place in the list.Charlie found this very amusing.



We grab the bus back to the main part of the city and take a look around the various indoor markets and shops, head back for dinner at the Korean restaurant Charlie spotted in the Lonely Planet. I let him choose my meal as iv not had much luck so far and he manages to order me a very nice dish...thanks Charlois.                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment