Tuesday 13 December 2011

Ger To Ger- Mongolia


Ger To Ger does not get off to a good start. I forgot my sleeping bag and Charlie has to go all the way back and get it- lets just say he wasn't impressed. Thanks Charlie for stopping me freezing my ass off!

When we arrive we travel by Ox cart for 8km in darkness and it suddenly dawns on me exactly how cold this trip is going to be. The trip was seven days of moving from one nomadic family to another and this blog would be a novel if i went through every experience. It was really tough for me...it tested my boundaries to the limit but i am sincerely glad that i saw it through. I learnt that i can suck it up and get on with it and the things that i saw and did not a lot of people have experienced. I also learnt that i have a very supportive better half who did really well putting up with my Cari tantrums. So to sum up the experience i'm gonna list below the things i learnt!

1) I look like a tool in Mongolian fashion.












2) Pooing outside is a harrowing experience.












3) Picking up animal poo is all in a days work for the nomadic wife.











4) Sharing your Ger with a mouse is not fun. Especially when the mouse catching monster your given is a cute little kitten.










5) Ger's can get very cold when you have no wood.












6) Ox cart is not built for speed or comfort but is much more preferable to a horse. I'll admit I had a little cry when attempting to ride a horse.














7) Nomadic kids are cute.












8) Mongolian food sucks












9) Charlie is number one Ox detective












10) A woodchuck can chuck wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment