Tuesday 13 December 2011

St Petersburg- Russia



We made it to the bus stop with plenty of time...even managed to travel there by taxi because it was raining. Result...meant I didnt have to drag my substantial backpack around. Little panic as we couldn't see our bus on the timetable but seems it was the wrong one anyway.Chillax Charlie! Hehe! Cant tell you much about most of the bus journey as i seemed to have got the skill of sleeping on transport down to a fine art. The crossing was really pretty with a huge castle in the background an Estonian flag on one side of the river and a Russian flag on the other. At passport control a woman dressed in uniform gets onto the bus and slings me a womans handbag asking me to carry it through customs....ermmm let me think about that NO! Turns out it was a training opportunity for the sniffer dog but still slight panic. On arriving at St Petersburg we walked IN THE RAIN for about 2 miles (according to Charlie) felt more like 10 miles lol. When we got to the hostel 
was very grumpy!! The hostel was mostly occupied by Russians or people living in Russia and studying the language. It was very clicky and hard to meet anyone. Although Charlie managed to get chatting with the local music man and his strange drum playing...well done Moonface. We then went out for a posh meal Charlie got the smallest portion ever but my chicken was nice and we got to smoke inside!!! The next day we went to collect our train ticket to Moscow...we had some lunch and Charlie went to explore the local architecture (prob the only half fun thing to do in Russia) while i caught up on some T.V. I bugged Charlie about leaving for the train station..shall we say a little prematurely due to the fact i knew i would die out of my backside carrying my wardrobe for the next six months...lucky for me i get to carry Charlies slightly lighter one. All was fine in the end. Next stop Moscow.

No comments:

Post a Comment