Sunday 8 January 2012

Tiger Leaping Gorge

It was a vile journey up to the Gorge. Sheer cliff faces!Not fun and my mum would definately not have enjoyed it!We eventually arrive at the starting point...Jane's Guesthouse! Everywhere you look guest have written how good this place is...well i dunno when they visited but its definately gone downhill!Horrible food...horrible room...freezing and i was up all night again!We then got a mini bus to the Tea Horse Guest House- this misses out a massive chunk of the trek but i didnt much fancy the 28 bends that climb up to 2670m....saying  that the mini bus up there wasnt much fun...i nearly had a heart attack! The trek wasnt too bad at the beginning...we pass the Halfway Guest House and take a little clamber up a dodgy path.I was slightly out of breath but i was starting to think that this trek would be less physical and more mental! The track passes along the edge of a mountain and its a straight drop one side!One slip and its pretty much game over for Cari!Don't fancy ruining mums birthday (Happy Birthday Mum) by falling to my death!So i'm being overly careful sliding down on my bum for some parts...ouch!
Then we have to scramble across a waterfall which runs down the side of the mountain.Reebok workouts not the best footwear! From here there is one more up hill part but these are the better parts to do as they have rocks to grab onto for some support.From then on its all downhill on a cliff edge....the path winds back and forth to attempt to make it less steep but trust me its steep enough! My legs were shaking so badly....i've pretty much never felt fear and adrenaline like this before but the views are unbelievable....completely breathtaking! I managed to ignore the little voice telling me...'this is really not good Cari...you can trip over nothing...now your walking on the edge of a cliff...be bloody careful!!!' and the feeling i felt when i saw the end point..Tina's Guest House was relief more than pride!
I'm pretty proud of myself now though!I really wanted to chicken out of this one but im glad i didnt even if it was 2 hours and 20 mins of hell (thats a pretty good time to do it in too). I think any one that knows me well would never have thought i would complete something like this. As Moonface says though 'I would have really missed out!!'

No comments:

Post a Comment